LATEST POSTS

Saturday 15 February 2014

The best cupcakes...ever!

I love cupcakes. My sister, knowing this weakness, text me a mouth-watering pic of some Ferrero Rocher / Nutella cupcakes she'd found and I instantly requested them next time she was over!  It wasn't long til my wish was granted...


First she made the chocolate sponge cakes.  Whilst we waiting for them to cool, we excitedly unwrapped the Ferrero Rocher...



When the cakes were cool enough she scooped out the top of the cakes, creating a 'well'...



This 'well' was then filled with a generous dollop of Nutella (just pure chocolately-hazelnut heaven)...


Then a Ferrero Rocher was placed on top...with a satisfying squish of Nutella



Ta-dah!

A brief interlude of home-style Mexican for mains...



Then onto the star of the show...

A generous glass of Rubis (chocolately red dessert wine) to accompany our amazing pud!


There was momentary confusion about how to eat this masterpiece - I managed to dissect mine to replicate the picture my sister had sent me previous...check out the work of art!


But we all found a way to devour our Saturday evening treat.


The leftovers even made a yummy (if slightly random) dessert later in the week...I decided it was "a deconstructed cupcake" - very Masterchef!

Share this:

Post a Comment

 
Back To Top
Copyright © 2014 Eat - Explore - Enjoy. Designed by OddThemes